background

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Seedlings were kindof a bust

I went to water my plot on Tuesday and found that most of many of my seedlings died.  I have a couple ideas as to why this happened.
  1. The nights were still chilly
  2. We had a sudden 30 degree temp change that really stressed the plants
  3. I put them out too early
Luckily the peas and beans survived but the broccoli, zinnias, and most of the marigolds didn't make it.  Lesson learned is that I may just buy the plants next year instead of starting from seed since my condo is small, gets little to no natural light, and I'm afraid using a grow light may make my neighbors suspicious.

Also, this weekend our garden will receive the leftovers from a garden sale  so perhaps I will be able to replace a few of the lost plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment