background

Monday, May 16, 2011

Building a rabbit proof fence (and a pea trellis)

On Sunday my main tasks were to build a trellis for my peas so that they may grow up to be happy peas and to build a fence that would keep the rabbits from eating everything.  They ate my broccoli seedlings, some zinnias, and all but one green bean plant. 

For the trellis, I used 4 36 in wood posts.  I used L brackets on 2 of the posts, though I will shore up the other two when I have time.  Then I draped a nylon trellis net over the posts and used a staple gun to secure the net to the posts.

For the rabbit proof fence I used 6 36 in wood posts, 24 feet of chicken wire and a heavy duty staple gun.

Lots of pictures below, but I am proud of my work.


pea trellis front

pea trellis back



support posts for the fence



happy tango lettuce and romaine lettuce that will be protected from hungry rabbits


wrapping the chicken wire around the bed



mission accomplished!


1 comment:

  1. : heroes should indeed be courageous and admired. However, they should also be compassionate and selfless - two characteristics that Molly fails to exhibit in her decision to run away.chain link fence repair

    ReplyDelete