background

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer is here!

It seems that summer has decided to arrive.   The weather has been in the 80 to 90 range but the rains continue.  It's great to not have to water my plot every day, but I worry that too much rain will cause mildew or rot or something like that.  The zukes have been nibbled quite a bit, I'm not sure if they'll survive.  The tomatoes are doing lovely considering the rain and cold.  Maybe the sea kelp has helped.  My kale has emereged and I'll have to thin it out soon.   My daisy will have pink flowers!  sorry for the sideways pics!
pink daisy


baby kale

zinnias with whitened leaves.  still need to figure this problem out.


beans that were eaten but they seem to be on the rebound


mesclun


romaine

my zukes are being eaten up be something.  have yet to see the perps.


gnawed on zukes


No comments:

Post a Comment