background

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sharing is caring

I went to the garden Elsa free last night so I was able to do some real work.  There were a few weeds, I think...that needed weeding.  Also, I was able to meet my plot neighbors.  A nice family of four with two girls that are just a little older and younger than Elsa who is 2.  There were a few other folks at the garden and there was some plant swaping going on.  I needed to thin out my Swiss Chard and Red Russian Kale.  My neighbor needed to thin out her Detroit Red Beets.  A swap was made and now I'll have 5 beets to experiment with.  Next year I will try to be more adventurous with my plant choices and hope to include bok choi, radishes, and maybe the stubby carrots.  It was great!  I was also able to unload some nastursium seeds in a communal plot that is growning fennel...it might be a good combo.  Should have taken pictures but didn't as the sun was going down and my cell phone already struggles to take good pics.  Must find the cord for my good camera so I can take good pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment